PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2016, 22:55
pilotmike

Received 69 Likes on 20 Posts
@stanwell
Ahem!
"Over the sea, I was flying at 10 feet or below over breeding whales".

As had been suggested elsewhere, this woman needs help.
Quite aside from any aviation safety and regulation issues...
A quote from a typical and internationally agreed Government Wildlife Management regulation:

"There are also restrictions on the height that aircraft can operate around whales. Fixed wing aircraft should fly no closer than 300 metres (1000ft) from a whale."
A disgraceful act of gung ho arrogance, stupidity and ignorance, if true. The Stearman is a very noisy aircraft, especially when at high power, and at such close range this will very likely have deafened the whales, permanently. So how would they then navigate, Tracey, as they don't have GPS to assist them? What on God's earth was the thinking behind subjecting these unsuspecting creatures to such an onslaught of assaults on their senses?

Everything I read about, and particularly attributed to have been said by, this woman does nothing whatsoever to endear me to her or her claimed cause.

From all the evidence, particularly the recent quoted boasts about her dealings with authorities in other countries after having flouted their laws and regulations, they all appear to be giving the same message: two fingers to the lot of you, I just don't care what damage I do whilst having my bit of fun!... but woe betide anyone who dares to tarnish my reputation.

Barry Tempest appears to have it spot on when he said:
I think she is a boastful lady who needs bringing down a peg or two.
I truly hope HCAP re-examine the evidence, have a really serious think about the message they will be sending by endorsing her for her airmanship, and do the correct thing.