PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2016, 16:27
noflynomore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With her airplane, the Boeing Stearman "Spirit of Artemis", she was on static and/or ylying display at the Royal International Air Tattoo in 2013, 2014 and 2015, at the Goodwood Revival / Glorious Goodwood, in 2014 at the RNAS Yeovilton Air Day in 2013, 2014 and 2015 , as well as the Cowes Regatta.
In 2015 she flew at the Amy Johnson Memorial Air Show at Herne Bay, Kent, England.[10]
In 2015 she was displaying at the Dubai Airshow and in the years 2014 and 2016 at the Farnborough International Airshow.
Wikipedia

What a weaselly-worded paragraph that is! Love the typo (?) in the first sentence!

That and/or. Just for the record, can anyone confirm which of those shows she appeared at as static and which as flying? It would be nice to see this once again hugely misleading paragraph amended to something that relates more clearly to reality.

Did she fly in the display at any of these, or was her presence purely static? For the benefit of anyone unsure of the meaning of "in the display" I mean during the display itself. Flying into and out of the venue does not count unless it involved an official display routine.

RIAT and Yeovilton, '13, '14 and '15.
Goodwood '14
Dubai '15
Farnborough '14 and '16

That's 10 displays that they are implying she may have flown at on the basis of an "and/or" semantic weasel by including Cowes Regatta in the list. I can find no record of her flying at any of those ten, can anyone else?

I accept she probably wasn't static at the massive and important Cowes Regatta Airshow but the Herne Bay event seems the only one they're actually stating she flew in. What of all the others?

It isn't doing much for her reputation as a truth teller if her supporters are writing such transparently and deliberately misleading stuff on her Wiki page. Hasn't enough damage been done to her reputation by spouting this kind of deliberate obfuscation already?

Maintaining the Big Lie is a futile effort. The truth will out.

Last edited by noflynomore; 24th Oct 2016 at 16:52.