PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2016, 11:44
Bloodhound Loose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give us an example in your life when you have been too accommodating for reasons of cultural diversity and thereby have let someone else down
I think that there are 2 actual interview questions that have been merged into one as the story has been retold. "Send two and fourpence" springs to mind. I suspect the two questions looked something like this:

- Give an example of a time when you have been too accommodating and thereby have let someone else down.

- Give an example of a time when you have had to be accommodating due to reasons of cultural diversity.

Diversity awareness at BA is not just important for working alongside multi-cultural colleagues; 50% of BA passengers are NOT British (store that stat for your interview!) Think about serving alcohol, or a bacon butty, inbound to Riyhad. Imagine an aircraft outbound from Mumbai with 70% local passengers and none of your cabin crew can speak Indian. A couple of small examples of how cultural awareness must pervade throughout the business. It's taken very seriously and I don't think it unreasonable to expect a couple of minutes of probing over the course of a 3-day selection procedure.