PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2016, 11:54
noclue

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wishful thinking

Originally Posted by who_cares
It will be interesting to see how many of the 200 odd internal applicants they end up taking. If they only take a small percentage, that sends a message to everyone looking to get a job at any of those group companies and that is, don't bother if you want to get into mainline. On the other hand though if they take a high percentage, it might stop them bleeding pilots, plus anyone wanting to get into mainline will know it's looked favorably on to be in the group.

You must be part of "the group" trying to boost your chances.

Link is 'releasing'
6 a month (= 9 per 6 weeks) to mainline. Cadets are still on courses until April I believe...?
And are apparently about to loose 2 per month (3 per 6 weeks) to Jetstar.

Totals are 12 per 6 weeks leaving qlink alone (internally) but link are only replacing 12 per 6 weeks ATM.
Link is already down after EK and CX recruitment drive.
Therefore they are short of pilots.

Qlink are soon to increase their new hire rate to 16 per 6 weeks (8 per fleet) so net a increase of 4 per 6 weeks provided no one else leaves to EK CX or heaven forbid QF.

I THINK the regular internal plebs going to QF will replace the cadets (9 per 6 weeks) come April-

MY CONCLUSION;
If your after a regional career, now is your time, there is plenty of movement ahead.
QLINK IS NOT, AND NEVER WILL BE, YOUR SHORTCUT INTO MAINLINE.