PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 21st Oct 2016, 09:06
rogeriouzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AfricanSkies
Hi everyone. I have a question for QR pilots - I've just been to the selection, and was impressed by QR. Would you please give me a bit of info about cost of living in Doha? I've googled, and its a bit generic. I'd like to know what a single guy could expect to pay monthly for a 2-bed apartment, price of a 4 yr old Landcruiser, and monthly outgoings...not planning to go clubbing but the odd pub lunch etc , socialize at home and go to the desert a bit. Maybe diving trips.

How much covers rent, car insurance/fuel, food, utilities, internet/phone, gym, and the odd pint? I've been told $3k a month should be ok, is this accurate?

Where would be a good place to live? I visited the Pearl when I was there, went to Westbay Beach but it was dark so didn't see much. Also, what are your thoughts about buying a property in Doha?

Thanks in advance!
You can check most of this information doing a research on www.qatarliving.com where you van found classifieds, about almost everything from car, rental car, real estate, cleaning services, everything..
"Timeout Doha" magazine, you can google it, is a good source of social matters, restaurants prices, nightlife..