PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 20th Oct 2016, 18:41
rasenjie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frabus
This question is to all the people that have an HR work as background.

I failed Ryanair assessment as well as other 4 friends from my same day.

We are all very upset with their decision because, according to our feelings, we did a great Sim session as well as a (more or less) great Interview.

So we are currently thinking that their choice to don't take us was made upon psychological traits to us unknown.

We all tried to use a open body language, maintaining eyes contact with both of the assessors, smiling and using sense of humor (when proper).

I got my ATPL(A) theory with an average score of 94%, all exams passed with 1 attempt.
The same has been for all the practical exams - never failed one!
MCC/JOC done in Dublin with a 4hrs refresh 2 days before the assessment, when the instructor told me and to my partner to have flown an excellent session.

All seemed so fine and hopefully but... 35% pass rate at the day of my assessment!

I don't blame anyone of Ryanair!
They have been very kind and gentle all the day long.

I'd just like to know if they put great emphasis to someone that can look nervous/anxious during the interview as well during the sim.

I was nervous as soon as I realized to have made a mistake in answering the 2nd tech question and I saw all my future plans and my childhood dream going to hell; so I stuttered a bit as well as acting nervously.

I think that this was the main reason that didn't lead me to get the job.
Few days to prepare for the interview, huge stress in that days of trying to bring back to my memory all the ATPL subjects, the feeling to be not ready at 100% ...all these reasons, in the bowl didn't help me in having the right attitude.

What do you think?
Hi @Fabrus.

It happenned exactly the same to me a few months ago. I was deppressed after that, mainly because all the effort that I did and the huge amount of money spent preparing the assesment. I finished in the first position within my flight school class and I passed all the exams at the firsy attempt.

The worst thing isnīt know why I failed, I did a good average sim and I answered all the questions. They asked me a lot of them.

But life keeps going, and we will have more opportunities in the future, aviation is growing and will need thousand of pilots. Maybe even we may finish working in Ryanair in the future. Do you know if we can reapply again?

I have a friend who entried in Iberia, he told me that all his type rating mates (16 people) failed in the Ryanair assesment one day. So keeps working and the jet job will come.

I had more than 600 hours and 24 years.