PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police seize plane in Taunton town centre
Old 20th Oct 2016, 17:00
TheOddOne

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Halfway there, it seems
TOO

Horace de Vere Cole
Thanks, Beags, for introducing me to this fellow. I've found a list of his exploits and the one I like best is where he allegedly impersonated Ramsay MacDonald and gave speeches propounding views opposite to those of he real Labour Party leader.

Hang on a 'mo, I've just had an idea...

TOO

ps

My Maurice Kirk story runs thusly.
We were all gathered at Pembray airfield, cloudbase around 200', wondering how we were going to get home. Out of the murk, on base leg at around 100', appears a grey Cub. It lands, turns off the runway, maintaining a level attitude, apparently using power against the brakes and parks outside, only lowering the tail as it comes to rest. I was mighty impressed with the ground handling, but not necessarily in the wisdom of flying in those conditions. A strange looking person exited the aircraft, wearing a life jacket sort of tucked under one arm and strode in to the building. I next noticed a pair of large feet sticking out of the front of the sandals he was wearing. (At least he wasn't wearing socks). Anyhow, he booked in, glared at the rest of us, climbed into the aircraft and disappeared back in to the gloom. Someone whispered to me 'that's Maurice Kirk!'