PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2016, 16:59
Fly-by-Wife

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts
Ok. I'll tell you what concerns me..... I am a member of the LAA. It appears to me that most of the protagonists aren't.
Some of those could be a jilted boyfriend, an acned youth who spends his spare time trolling or any other internet hero for all I know.
Surely it is the evidence that's important, not the names or pseudonyms of the messengers bringing the evidence to your attention. You have no idea who I am, nor I you, but does that make my posts with factual content any less valid (see all the links to sites stating solo expedition, even the sponsors and the links to her own website via the Internet Archive: Wayback Machine)?

I started from a position of scepticism about the criticism of her adventures, but following my own research, guided by other posts and other evidence, I am now firmly of the belief that there is a major discrepancy between what she did and what she claimed to do (then retracted), and that the acclaim and awards are based on PR, not real achievements so should be withdrawn.

FBW