PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2016, 10:07
Ayana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roamingthesky
Hi everyone ,
I have recently applied for VA domestic ADL base and did not hear anything for a long time . So I sent an email asking for an update of my application and then received elevator pitch email right after . I thought that was a bit strange , and they were advertising for SYD base as soon as I got that video email . I just finished my video and it was sent successfully . I just wondered if you are going to get a confirmation email saying your vieo has been submitted successfully? I put my prefer base as Sydney when I submitted the video. I tried to correct my application to SYD base but the system does not allow me to do so. Here's hoping I will hear from Virgin soon . What would everyone advise me to do ?
Hi Roamingthesky,

Congratulations on getting the opportunity to send the elavator pitch. I would perhaps send them an email or give them a call and ask that your application be amended for Sydney base only. Are you based in Sydney? Only as I believe you are only invited to an AD day at the base you've applied for, so if you were living elsewhere, you would have to be prepared to fly to Sydney (perhaps on very short notice), to attend the AD. It can take 12 months to transfer once you have a contract so it's better to have your preferred based as the one you are hired into. All the best and keep us updated on your progress 😊