PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Oct 2016, 22:17
Soumneal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm an A320 f/o with 1500 tt and 1140 hrs. on type. Left my company with my latest flight being on December, 2015.

I went to QR screnings, yet failed in the interview on June. After coming back, renewed my CPL, privately on the same month. Now planning to apply again on this December.

During the interview, which was right after the theoretical test, i was only asked typical HR questions about my short flying career. Not a single technical one question has been asked. Some of them was like "was there an important event which you are particularly proud of", "have you ever had an emergency", "have you ever convinced your captain that changed his decision/plan during flight" "has anyone changed yours", "what kind of contribution do you think you have done to your previous company" and "have you ever had an argument during flight".

For most of these questions, my answer was no. Yet, they insisted that i must have had, for example, a moment that i changed my captain's mind some way. As i tried to keep honest, they kept insisting almost to force me to make up stories.

I also had open criticism in two points at the beginning of the interview: not wearing a tie, which i explained that i was already in business attire, but considering the muslim cultural background of the country, preferred not to wear a tie just the follow the tradition of many arabic businessmen not to wear ties. Also added that i normally wear it during business and did not mean any disrespect. Both three interviewers were from spanish-speaking countries.

The second one was that there was too many corrections in my logbook. The last ones belonged to 6-7 months before my last flights; after them, all entries were neatly written.

Ofcourse, they did not say anything about the reason for failing me. I just wanted to share these both to shed some light on anyone who's gonna apply and to give some background for my questions, which i will finally manage to ask 8)

1) Since i'm still not flying, in my next application they will have the same exact background, except for my licence renewal. How would you think making any difference in their attitude possible? I would appreciate any kind of advices on this.

2) A fellow pilot of mine is considering to buy an interview prep package from latestpilotjobs.com. Assuming he has passed the online psychometric tests do you think it would still be helpful, specifically for QR.

Sorry for the long post. I wish success and safety for everyone...

Soum