PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2016, 19:29
Robert-Ryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Robert -Ryan, my scenario, as you probably well know is just a made up description of a possible event, But to boldy say that the Hawk would have "got in" is indeed presumptive in the extreme.
As for your second comments surely you must be aware that all reasonable people have different levels of noise tolerance so to judge others by your own is indeed selfish and un-neighbourly.
And not all people love to complain. Many suffer in silence through the selfish and un-thoughtful actions of others.
Many of our neighbours dreaded the fine summer days when they could not enjoy their outdoor space because that noisy aircraft.
Thank goodness it's gone and does not return.
RR interesting response..pray tell me how ATC would have handled that scenario..paras just jumped...12000 feet. Hawk calls emergency. 15 ne of airport for straight in.
Ermm. Can you para guys hang around for 10 mins please while this guy lands."I think not.
Luckily as stated it never happened..but for the grace of god.
Regardless of what you may think of them, we're dealing with a major PLC and the governing body of one of the most heavily regulated industries there is, so there will have been some form of procedure in place to allow that Hawk to land, and there will have been contingencies for other scenarios as well.

There's a mistaken assumption here that all aircraft noise is the same - it isn't, type and frequency have a huge impact.
Let's say for arguments sake it's Coningsby with Typhoons going off on reheat every 5 minutes on a busy day...my previous comment still applies.