PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2016, 23:56
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I can appreciate that Continental-520 is trying to bring some balance to the discussion, unfortunately his comments are arguing from a completely false premise. EK is not going through a "phase", at least not in the sense that it's just one big cycle that will eventually swing back to the norm. There is no precedent in their history for what is happening: massive employee retention and recruitment problems. Suspected yield issues. Increased competition from the other ME carriers and the ULCC's mentioned. Global economy entering slow-to-no growth.

Beating the slaves harder just isn't going to work this time.

wizard1,

Funny you should reference Mad Max. I clearly remember driving through Business Bay many times during the construction boom, looking at all the dark, silent concrete shells of those shoddily-constructed high-rises. And thinking how it would make the perfect set for some dystopian nightmare film of the future. I have a feeling that one day, perhaps a decade or so from now, others will drive through the same area and find an eerily quiet, abandoned site with row upon row of hulking partially-completed towers of concrete. And wonder "wth were they thinking?!".