PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2016, 22:03
wizard1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's hard to know where to begin. In some ways the issues within Emirates are symptomatic of the problems that beset Dubai. An economy bereft of cash and investment trying to prop up a property development splurge that can only have an unhappy ending. Has anyone taken a drive towards the outer reaches? Houses upon houses in various states of completion. It's like something out of Mad Max. IMHO they will never be sold and the whole ponzi scheme will come crashing down within 18months. Pretty much the same at EK. The airline has bitten off more than it can chew. Dwindling local demand from a region that has seen its core commodity halve in price, combined with a requirement to appease the local populace with jobs that many are unqualified for, with a management structure rewarded by a staggeringly short sighted outlook and now the squeeze is on. I can't see a way out. Oil will never top $60 (at that price all the U.S. shale comes back online) so the region is in for prolonged decline. Again just my opinion. Sad, unnecessary, but I'm pretty sure unavoidable. Sell your property while you can. Intrinsically, poured concrete in the desert is worth nothing. Get out while you can and cut your losses. At least the dollar is up. Remember this - the locals do not care one single iota for you. Never have never will.