PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2016, 11:21
Jc31

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Keg
Lol. Thanks for the giggle.

Arearuleace, at the end of the day you have to make a decision on how to approach this and be comfortable with the outcome. Personally it doesn't bother me- although it'd make sense for you to have an answer prepare were you to be asked at interview about it- but I've no idea as to whether the respective recruiting systems are that closely linked to even be aware. If they were the next question is how it's viewed by the HR boffins that do the initial screening prior to the assessment Center. I'm not sure anyone on PPRUNE can answer either of those questions for you.

Someone asked when the next DE course is. I'm not sure there will be an all DE course. More likely their will be hybrid courses of trainee S/Os from group sunsidiaries as well as DE courses. Given the lead times I suspect early next year ( Feb is best guess) is likely to be the first external applicants to be on course. Of course, if we bleed the subsidiaries too quickly perhaps they'll put on a fluke of external DE courses to ease the burden for a short time but the preference has been stated publicly to take group pilots first.
Keg in regards to the applications being linked im about 98% sure they are. I'm pretty sure that all Qantas group recruiting is done through the taleo website which will have your seperate applications for different group airlines under your one name. If that makes a difference to hr I'm not sure but I myself wouldn't hold back on applying for mainline just because I had an application or was even on the hold file for qlink