PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA announce end of inclusive catering in short-haul economy
Old 4th Oct 2016, 11:51
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
After decades in IT, I can confirm: for payment, any device that accepts 'contactless cards' also accepts 'chip and pin cards'. Of course, there are some 'touch only' 'pads' but these are usually on public transport buses and so on. Any shop where I can use contactless in the UK, it offers Chip and Pin. Currently, many Chip/Pin devices do not take contactless.

There is an inevitability about this, and it's extension into long haul, for the simple fact that, over the last 30 years, 90% (+/-?) of pax have proved that they want to pay as little as possible. Further, that they WILL be drawn by the 'headline' seat price. Whether they then pay the full ticket price - does not matter. Their interest is always taken by that first price.

All shops have done this for as long as records show with the ridiculous £9.99 pricing scheme. It works.

BA will have LCC in Y and inclusive in the other cabins. I'm not saying I like it - but this is what the majority of people want.

Last edited by PAXboy; 5th Oct 2016 at 00:56. Reason: Clarifying the opening statement.