PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2016, 04:48
increase.descent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keg,

I don't think lee_apromise's query is that clear cut, I have had the same one for a few months.

Holding a CASA CPL MEIR and the 7 ATPL conversion exam credits leaves you with the flight test to sit to obtain the license.

Holding a foreign ATPL MEIR and the 2 ATPL foreign conversion exam credits also leaves you with the flight test to sit to obtain the license.

Two candidates with either qualifications are in same position with respect to obtaining their ATPL when time permits.

Now I understand there is a difference in theory content between the two avenues - not necessarily lesser - just different, depending on which overseas ATPL syllabus you have completed.

The QF website now only states passed the 'ATPL aeronautical knowledge examination' or similar words. This leaves is open to interpretation as to what theory credits are acceptable.

I have queried a number of other major Aussie carriers recruitment departments and their reply has generally been, 'apply and we will consider your application on an individual basis'. Not so clear cut.

It would be great if someone has a definitive answer or has an experience to share regarding this?