View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2016, 21:54
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll have a go at some of these.

Originally Posted by Berealgetreal

NARROW BODY Q's:
Can I ask, are allowances on top of that? Say 15k cash?
How many days at home per 28 days are you getting?
I assume you'd be clearing about 10-11k a month.
How much duty per month/annum or stick per year?
Not sure re allowances or pay. Someone else can cover that.
Depends on where you are in the rotation. I've heard of those at the top,only working as little as 9-10. They're big days no doubt. Those at the bottom can work 18- 19. Rotation is 13 months I think.
Stick is well north of 750. I've heard of some crew pushing north of 900. More stick= more $$$.

Note. I'm not a SH pilot and never have been. I've worked on the LH award for nearly 22 years.

Originally Posted by Berealgetreal
WIDEBODY Q's:
Is it fair to say that if you are on the 330 you are away a lot (no day trips)?
How does it work? Two big trips a month or multiple small trips?
How many days at home?
Will a new-hire sit on reserve or what you call a "blank line" in Sydney the whole time?
When will recruitment to 330 stop and become 787 recruitment?
So a first year so gets 100, could you expect overtime and allowances on top and if so how much? How much would a new hire be clearing?
There are zero day trips as a S/O. Plenty for Captains and F/Os.
How many trips depends on the fleet and your seniority in it. A330 trip length for S/Os varies from 3 days to 9 days at the moment.
S/O trips tend to be a bit more dense so normally at least half days at home.
New hires are likely to do one full roster, then a blank line (8 weeks) of reserve and then it'll be 12-18 months before they're on reserve again. I'd be very surprised if there was much sitting around on it given the shortage at the moment.
Recruitment to the 787 is likely May(ish) next year at the earliest. Approx first 100 new joiners go to the A330.
Pay figures including allowances were mentioned a couple of pages back. There will be a bit of overtime on top but not huge and not worth budgeting for. If shortage continues it could be more. If it eases so will the additional $$$. If you work on $100K into the ATO rates and divide by 26 that will be what you clear. Allowances are essentially tax free on top.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Keg; 1st Oct 2016 at 22:22.