PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini's subsidiary - LINK PNG
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2016, 09:05
DHC8 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now let me think about this one Older.

Get sacked from one of the world's worst airlines and escape from a filthy corrupt dangerous country where most people hate you. (I'm not being racist here - this statement applies to both expat and local pilots).

Or risk your health, career and maybe life flying thirty + year old F100s out over the Pacific at night with no ETOPS approvals or capability, with an alternate that is not a suitable airport (Tokua is about 15 nm from an active volcanoe that erupts sporadically and has very unreliable lights), and with poor radio coverage (HF with San Fransisco very unreliable at times). And you'll probably have a handful of MELs just to make it a bit more exciting.

Why would you do that? It's like I was once told by the then Fleet Captain I could use Hoskins as an alternate for Lihir at night. I pointed out that Hoskins doesn't have lights. I was told you don't need lights for an alternate!!!!!

For god sake guys get another job or just walk away. Every pilot that left ANG in the last two years either got a better job or a better life.

Last edited by DHC8 Driver; 30th Sep 2016 at 13:01.