PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe DHC8 F/O recruitment
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2016, 16:15
Poose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Downloading,

Probably... I'd say CTC are playing on the fact that they want to be the go to guys for pilots and are trying to fill up their ATP pool, by getting the guys on these open days to shell out for their scheme; just in case the airlines had to open up their recruitment to the average guy in the street - how dare they?!
Only my opinion, but that was the gut feeling I came away with.

I've got lots of friends who have been through this new CTC system. A couple of them have been successful, one was a fairly recent out of training lad - which ties in with what the guy said at my open day. The other was a CTC graduate of old, who was contacted out of the blue, some years after finishing his training.

All the other guys I know who have been down have similar tales, of ten to twelve people on the selection varying backgrounds etc. These lads were all experienced turboprop pilots from other reputable operators just looking for a break into the airlines and all were failed on the aptitude test or sim a few weeks later.

They noted the mixture of all backgrounds of those on the day, but it's quite often the experienced guys getting sent on their way by lunchtime as they've been failed on that aptitude test.

I do wonder if the senior people at Flybe are aware of the calibre of people being turned away by CTC on a whim at this selection over silly tests that didn't even exist when Flybe did their own recruitment - or in my case not even passing the paper sift.