PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 28th Sep 2016, 12:36
basstrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys!

As I had many help consulting this website I would like to contribute to it with my feedback!

First: if you get the email telling you they will call you within the next 14 days: THEY WILL, even after those 14 days. I have been called on the 16th day so don't worry.

Second: If they tell you after the phone interview that they will come back to you with an answer maybe you passed, maybe not but I know some people who have been re-called few weeks after to do the phone interview again (I know it's weird). In my case I had the date for the assessment in Dublin directly after the few questions they ask during the call.

For the assessment I would suggest you to do a sim, wherever it is but a jet if possible, it will help you for sure! During the training sim make some general handling exercices (Climb, Descent, Accelerate, Decelerate, turns and so and so). After those exercices train for hold entries and normal ILS procedures. That is all we had on the assessment date + an emergency situation while in the hold (toilet smoke and they just want you to go trough a DODAR/NITS briefing whichever you learned during your MCC).

I would suggest you to speak up and interact with your PM, make him follow the decision process and ask him open questions about it. If you are pilot flying and have been asked to intercept such radial to enter such a hold or so and that you feel unsure about how to get in: speak up, ask your PM to help you, it is his role to do so and you will never be blame of doing so (the sim goes fast so you will may be get lost in your head while keeping that ALT, HDG and SPD). Simply ask your mate!

For the technical interview I won't learn you anything but here are the questions we had:

Jet streams, swept wings, high lift devices, V2, screen height, Clear Air Turbulence, different types of fog. Questions about the previously flown MEP (electrical system of DA42/PA34), critical engine.

Human Resources were: Why Ryanair should hire you? Questions about my CV (jobs I did), negative side about me, how will you finance the TR, what do I know about Ryanair and so and so...

Be honest, focus on the questions, they don't want you to make a full course on POF while explaining swept wings: key words, simple explanations that is all they want in my opinion. They want you to show that you understand what you are talking about, that you KNOW your aircraft well and that you will then be able to follow their TR course successfully.

They were all very kind and helpful so don't come there too stressed out, I know it is hard but you have plenty of time to stress before!

We were 8 on that day and 7 of us got the positive answer 6 days after the interview!

Good luck