PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 6
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2016, 16:43
Balair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPS@EMA

The stark truth, as we all know, is that EMAG have far greater priorities than EMA, and it is very apparent.
On completion of the departures hall I believe they made a statement to the effect that, apart from some work to "enhance the arrivals experience" (or should that read endurance?) there would be no further expansion of the terminal "for a while".
As you say, other airports appear to be far more aggressive in their approach to gaining (and keeping) new airlines/routes, whilst EMAG seem to be quite happy with the status quo at EMA. Although even with freight they should not be too complacent as the likes of BHX and DSA will take every opportunity to gain whatever share of that sector they can. It will be interesting to see what effect the TNT/FedEx merger and Amazon's developments have on future freight operations at EMA.

As for poor old Andy Cliffe, I am sure he is a very pleasant person, but let's face it he is just a nominal figure-head to be rolled-out for press photographs and recite the corporate "everything is going splendidly" soundbites. I doubt very much that he is the sort of individual, or in fact he is in a position to drive the airport forward?

Oh by the way if it is new routes you are interested in you might want to take a look at the appropriate section of the airport's website. Apparently Jet2 are to launch a new route to Pula starting 24th May 2015...! - Says it all really doesn't it?

Balair