PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2016, 06:58
ACW VGL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Achievement of the Aim

I don't think the changes are anything to do with ordering people about or training-day pay, rather post Haddon-Cave perceptions. The loss of three cadets in two AEF accidents was a watershed, generating a corporate fear that any repeat would cause the service to lose its aviation authority. I have seen other 'Write a service paper about X. I don't care what you write but the conclusion is this...' moments and this all smacks of that. The desired end state is being rolled out - fewer schools, with more visible supervision, all-uniformed staff, far fewer opportunities for cadets to fly and very rarely solo. I recently had a conversation with one of the safety engineer consultants that reviewed the safety management processes at the DT. He recollected Vigilant door opening as a prime example of safety processes not being enacted. Am I imagining signals from Syerston the VGS promulgating an additional captain's check of the trainee's door, to be reminded at every morning brief, pending a revision the FRCs, which were subsequently amended as expected.