PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 26th Sep 2016, 12:25

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
So sorry to hear about Coffman. AA62 is quite right, without him this thread would not have happened. Legacy!
On the subject of mutual co-pilot training I remember when I started flying Hastings at Lindholme in 69 the tales, especially from the flight engineers, about co-pilots together on the north south runway at Colerne. It was only much later in the early 90s when 3AEF moved from Hullavington to Colerne that I saw for myself the very marked hump about 1000 feet into the 4000 ish southerly runway. Very interesting in a Chipmunk, there's the link with Coff, but in a Hastings the potential for getting it wrong must have been endless.

On a v different tack does anyone remember the flat nylon lashing tape that was in vogue for short time in the 80s?
AA62 what was the story behind its introduction and rapid demise? I've found it useful in the garden but raise the subject because I'm close to running out. Not a problem as I've found plenty of unused garden twine in my late father's house.