PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain 330/340 transfer policy
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2016, 11:13
Bluffontheriver123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi CTWO,

I am not trying to slam you only point out that you are not the only person to feel aggrieved which you clearly believe to be the case. I know you are venting but hey you are not alone. Some of the new joiners and your colleagues were actually essentially forced to the 380, recruited to the 777 or moved at the whim of the management. Some did indeed volunteer to transfer and I see from your post that you seem happy for them to be screwed:

We had been given an option.Each one gambled with his own money.
While the big bus gambler enjoyed the next 3-4 years of nice rosters and timing and many days off in beautiful layover locations, we had the wonderful 4 night in a row indian turns and 8 days off.
Essentially you made a decision at the time which you thought would be of advantage to you as did your colleagues but the rules have changed. The first movers to the 380 were expecting a normal command time but lots of new fences were built after they moved. It has been ever thus, it doesn't make it right but that has been the status quo at EK since the times of TCK and I guarantee the warnings were being touted on PPRUNE before you joined.

But mate you really don't know the meaning of being shafted, you have lost your stripes which pains the ego but thank goodness you are still being paid. 3 years down the line you will have your stripes and not lost financially. That was not the case in the past and I guarantee you many would sign up for your deal in a heartbeat.

SNAFU would work better than BOHICA. I wish you well but I also wish all your colleagues well too.