PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2016, 08:47
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Step Turn

The quote comes from the end of the Portsmouth Newspaper article that Above the Clouds kindly provided a link to in permalink #1468:

Here is that portion of the article in full, it's a straight cut and paste, I've not done any editing:

She denies her own trip was ever planned as lone voyage – despite an official press release by supporters Boeing at the time, which described it as a ‘solo journey’. In a statement, she claimed there had been an ‘initial hope’ of a solo flight. But this was dropped early on as the expedition grew in scale. She added: ‘I’m deeply disappointed at the comments coming from a particular source making false assertions that my flight expeditions should have been executed as solo flights. ‘They were not. They are all about a collaborative team effort and celebrating the brilliant achievements of women like Amy Johnson and Lady Heath who made history when aviation was in its infancy.’

Read more at: Calls for famed pilot to be stripped of her titles in Portsmouth amid claims she lied about solo flight - The News