PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2016, 16:12
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by hillbillyholiday
Reliable sources for the "controversy" in this case would be something like a statement from an official body, or a report by a dedicated piloting publication or reputable mainstream media outlet. Papers with a reputation for libel, inaccuracy, misrepresentation, hatchet-jobs, etc, are generally frowned upon, particularly so when it comes to biographies. And for a particularly contentious claim, ideally you'd want at least a couple of independent, unimpeachable sources.

I'm not sure what you mean by "information from TCT camp". I see references to reports by the BBC, Guardian, Independent, Pilot, and other reputable-ish-looking sources.
Were any of these to query TCT's claims, one would have a case for inclusion.
The main information that has been published in the reputable-ish media has come from a single source - the TCT camp. From what I see there has been plenty of opportunity to make it clear this was not a SOLO venture.
As an example this is a quote from her in PILOT magazine:

"Although this was primarily a solo flight, certainly at the outset, I often took members of the crew and sponsors with me in the Stearman for reasons of expediency or indeed just so that they could share the experience."

Why continue to promote it as a SOLO trip and then fudge around it by saying it was a good idea to give others jollies. I would be interested to know who flew with her and on what leg(s) of the journey.

Again with the article in the Aviationist we have this quote:
The journey is not going to be made purely solo, as it involves the second plane with a film crew...

Why not take this opportunity to state that there would be a multi-thousand hour pilot in the aircraft with her?

The so-called reliable media have been fed what the TCT camp want them to see/hear. It is now unraveling and it often takes input from the unreliable-media to get people taking notice.

I think there a a couple of unimpeachable sources on this forum, some perhaps trying to make their statements on the wiki page but they keep getting deleted.

regards
SWB