PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2016, 19:57
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed. Sorry, wrong on a number of levels.
Nice soundbite. Please state your evidence!

There is a significantly higher level of premium traffic ex LHR compared to the other London airports so APD receipts will not be the same
You're talking about traffic volume based on current distribution of services. I was referencing actual APD charges per passenger which follow a set-scale according to route length and class of travel regardless of departure airport. Thus a passenger flying from LHR or LGW to Prague in economy can expect to pay the same amount in APD. Likewise a passenger in business flying from LHR or LGW to HKG.

Note for clarification that Scotland plans to move away from this system and that there is a special exemption for BFS-EWR (I believe). The APD system is under review and may change at some point in the future anyway.

Not all London airports are equal.
But the scale of APD charges levied per passenger at each of them is.

A figure quoted by BoJo's 'transport guru' in TfL's submission to the Commission Inquiry doesn't rate as 'expert professionals' to me.
You disagree with this specific commentator. I disagree with certain others. With so many different views being expressed these matters are subjective. We must make our own judgments.

It's also laughable to think that expansion at Gatwick won't require significant public funds to support it.
Hence my call for strict cost oversight to be applied with respect to their proposals.