PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Faa Cfi To Jaa Fi
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2016, 15:28
muermel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did my FI(H) in the UK cause the LBA in Germany wouldn't allow a reduction in flying hours and theory towards the EASA-FI(H) for holders of an ICAO-CFI (in my case FAA-CFI). Talked to a school in the Netherlands, Sweden and Norway and their CAAs all seem to be more than happy to allow that. Which is EASA-Law by the way, I was told by all represantatives of the schools abroad. The head of flight ops of a large German Flight School, who I talked to about this very problem told me: "What the LBA does is against EASA-LAW but if nobody takes them to court about it it won't change". Funny to take your future licensing authority to court.... But then the whole thing doesn't surprise me.
Compared to the LBA the UK-CAA is a completely different league of professionals from my experience. One only has to remember that for licensing purposes the LBA still requires documents to be FAXED or send BY MAIL, MAIL as in postal service. Laughable.

End of the story is I did my FI(H) in the UK, got it onto my UK-CAA-CPLH. Transfered it to Germany and tadaaaa, FI(H) on my LBA issued CPLH, nothing they can do about it. Another buddy of mine is doing it in Sweden right now.

Ciao

Last edited by muermel; 17th Sep 2016 at 16:25.