PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Long Haul International EBA is up!!
Old 15th Sep 2016, 07:46
grrowler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bloke, I think you misunderstand. What I'm saying is that it's up to individuals to improve their own lot, not expect someone else to do it for them.

While ideologically it would be wonderful if individuals considered the impact on others when they vote for an EBA, human nature dictates that the majority don't - I've seen it enough times. I'm still surprised when talking to colleagues (top blokes) about industrial issues and get the response "I know it sounds bad but to be honest I haven't even looked at that because it doesn't affect me". And in fairness, there are issues that others have where I offer a similar response.

So I say again - you can refuse what's on offer and find a better deal elsewhere, or you can accept and get involved with your union to improve your conditions from the inside, but don't sit around whinging about it and expecting others to fix it. I'm pretty sure that goes for most things in life 👍😎