PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Long Haul International EBA is up!!
Old 14th Sep 2016, 23:34
grrowler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in no way suggesting the SO pay is good, however want to make a couple of points.

Firstly, the Lvl 1 pay scale was deleted in 2013 - so the lowest pay level is $79k, and goes up to $96k over 5 years. This includes super.

Secondly, this EBA document was/ is available to all considering taking the job. There seems to be a lot of people in this industry who are happy to accept t&c's that aren't going to work for them at all, and then expect others to "take a stand" to improve them. I've seen enough EBA's in my time in this wonderful industry with B scales, special clauses and deeds that benefit existing pilots, and reduced fleet pay scales to secure certain flying, to realise that the majority of pilots will always be looking out for number one.

Go in educated on your EBA, take the job or don't, but do not expect others to fight to improve your conditions, because reality is that it won't happen. That way you won't be shocked to discover that the Cabin Manager earns more than you.