PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vacancies at EGNX
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2016, 22:42
sapperkenno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my experience, it seems while everything is integrated and airspace users are managed, it seems CAT is managed more expediently and sometimes GA isn't given the same preferences.

Case in point sitting at S1 on a lovely clear day last summer having been told to hold after calling ready for departure. Meanwhile 2 arrivals with loads of space between them, and 2 CAT departures cleared ahead of us, while barely off the apron taxiing out as we sit there wondering what is going on. Asked again in case we'd been forgotten, without wanting to sound arrogant and pushy wasn't met with any help or idea of delay but just a stern hold position again. 20 minutes later we were cleared takeoff, and the poor chap orbiting on right base finally cleared onto final behind us. Numerous times requesting N/S transits VFR, being given either a route that doesn't do us any favours at all, or told to remain clear.

At EGBB and EGNM this past month have being asked while approaching holds if we'll be ready on reaching, and you get a real sense ATC are out to keep everyone moving and slot you in where they can... East Mid's is pretty much always if you hear any other CAT on frequency, you can add 5 minutes and figure on waiting for them to be dealt with before we get a look in!

No offence meant to any controllers, but surely you have certain local operating rules there that state you give prioriy to the big stuff and let the little guys wait. That's always how it seems when I'm the little guy at East Mid's. And also the view of a lot of others I know that fly small stuff when down that way.