PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brand new Bell 429 crash in Slovakia
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2016, 12:59
Pali

Received 224 Likes on 37 Posts
Very little data so far, in this link you can find the video filmed during rescue. Hiker has fallen from a cliff, rescue teams arrived by 4x4 vehicles and brought him by foot to the landing spot. I know the area as I've been hiking the same place maybe 2 years ago.

Landing and take off is filmed. At the very end there is large rescue action due helicopter missing – they didn't respond to ATC calls after they left the scene. I've heard the army helicopter helped to locate wreckage but this is not certain.

Rescue community is heartbroken, there was earlier loss of a complete helicopter crew back in July 2015 in an attempt to salvage 10 yrs old boy.

A friend of mine – a climber who called rescue to an injured mountaineer in High Tatras on 5th of September – showed me an SMS in his phone when the helicopter crew sent him message "We are inbound". It was the very same crew which died yesterday. I hardly keep myself from tears.

In between there is new information about machine, it was not completely new, entered service in 2014 but ATE received it just 2 weeks ago.

Per recent briefing they identified 2 bodies.

Last edited by Pali; 8th Sep 2016 at 13:12. Reason: Added photos