PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2016, 21:07
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Interesting reading, thanks contributors. Having no affiliation with the associations nor personalities, from this side of the Atlantic, this is mostly entertainment for me, rather than serious.

But, for some people, this is pretty serious. Obviously, very well established, long standing organizations have their reputations on the line now, and rather publicly so. This topic has seems to have passed the point from which it might have quietly faded away un noticed.

From my entirely uninvolved point of view, the choice to be made by at least one organization would be to either reverse an original plan, in the face of considerable new information coming to light, and disappoint TCT and her supporters, with explanation, or to jeopardize a much bigger reputation of the entire organization so a few people can smile over a rather tainted award.

As a parent, I've had to sit my kids down from time to time, and highlight the bigger picture - it's not all about you, it's not going to go your way. I've even had to do it as an adult to another adult. It seems to me time that TCT and her supporters get sat down for a difficult chat: "Do you really want to receive an award under these circumstances?". "Oh, you still do?! Well, sorry, you're not.".

In the mean time, it's interesting reading.....