PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2016, 05:41
Manchester Exile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew out of Manchester on Monday, for the first time in a few years. I was flying out of T1 on the 2pm Emirates flight.

It took me an hour to clear T1 security - the worst delay I've had in all of my 35 years of flying. Only US airports come close to that, in my experience. The queue to get through security at Dubai was around 10 minutes.

Am I right in thinking that the T1 security area is where the domestic baggage claim used to be, before the domestic terminal opened in 1989?

I thought that T1 is looking shabby and crowded, so the project to replace it with an expanded T2 is very welcome.

What are the queue's like to get through T2 security compared to T1? I'm curious as to why the delays seem so bad at Manchester compared to all the other airports I regularly travel through (mostly in Australia, Asia and the USA.)

I was unable to check out the Emirates lounge as by the time I got through security, it was time to board. For those who are interested in load factors, it seems there were around 30 seats free on the lower deck of the A380, so probably about 85% full. I was in economy, so don't know how many premium passengers were flying.