PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2016, 17:46
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Pilot Magazine Editorial: HCAP Award

Having just opened the October copy of Pilot magazine I must congratulate editor Philip Whiteman for his honest assessment of the Tracey Curtis Taylor fiasco in his editorial.

It appears the entire magazine staff are united in their view that the Tracey Curtis Taylor Spirit of Artemis debacle was a reality tv programme and not a genuine solo flight mirroring Amy Johnson.
Today that could only be done in a Tiger Moth with a solo pilot such as the proposed but currently abandoned Amanda Harrison project.

Philip raises the question of the HCAP Masters Medal.

Perhaps it is now time for HCAP to revisit their proposed award before their dinner next month. They were duped in to thinking it was a solo mission.

With the UK's best selling GA magazine team and ex CAA boss Barry Tempest united in agreeing TCT has embellished the truth surely now is the time to withdraw her awards?

I am in discussion with the president of the Australian Women Pilots Association who was unaware Ewald Gritsch was on board throughout her 'solo' flights. I hope they will withdraw their solo award.

Whistle-blowing comes at a price but I must say thanks for the many pm's on this thread and to the Pprune mods who have had the difficult job of keeping this topic on the rails.

Once again a big thank you to Philip Whiteman and the Pilot magazine team for having the guts to address this charade.

Below is the editorial in October's Pilot.

[IMG]pic host[/IMG]

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 5th Sep 2016 at 20:48.