PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEP rating has expired, what to do...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 09:27
Jhieminga

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
I wanted to look up the references, but the EASA document library isn't playing along today. The way I understand the implementation of this bit of regulation, it is up to the ATO to evaluate your training needs. In doing so they can also take into account just what you have done this past weekend, so using your FAA experience they might be able to sign you off for just a profcheck. The big question is whether the ATO will want to do this. I would grab the phone and call a number of flying clubs that have an ATO (or smaller flying schools) and speak to their head of training. If you explain that you are current on your FAA papers then I would expect one of them to offer you the option of just doing the profcheck. If you go to larger ATOs then they will probably be more likely to want to do the actual evaluation in an aircraft with additional training as that lines their pockets (just my two cents of course...).
The end result of the evaluation by an ATO is just a piece of paper signed by them that states what additional training is required, as far as I know this can be 'none'.