Old 1st Sep 2016, 04:48
chuks

The Mongolian Candidate

From "The Local ES":

"I feel Catalan and Spanish by birth and North Korean by adoption," Cao de Benůs , whose Korean name is Cho Son-il ('Korea is one'), told The Local, adding that there were more similarities between North Korea and Spain than one might expect.

"I would say that the North Koreans are the 'Latinos' of Asia. Compared to my Japanese, Chinese or Thai friends, Koreans show their feelings like hugging family members and friends, crying, laughing and being quite expressive. They also like to stay up late at night, talking and drinking," Cao de Benůs added. (My emphasis)

Imagine that! Sat there late at night, talking and drinking, talking and talking and talking about US imperialism, the Juche ideal, the Secret Room ... and then drinking and drinking and drinking as hope slowly fades for some sort of response from that fat little guy sat next to him tossing back Zombies, one after the other. Something; anything; a smile at one of those knee-slappers about what one camp inmate said to the other about trying to eat a stolen frozen radish with no teeth; perhaps a contract; an offer to become honorary consul back home in Taupaki with a uniform and some medals and a little badge with a picture of the Marshmallow .... NO! Damn these Zombies! The Marshal, the Marshal ....