PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS - The Insider Info...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2003, 06:36
WhatWasThat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although this has been raised in a previous thread, it is probably worth noting again that the recently commisioned independent study of ATS provision by Eurocontrol indicated Australian ATC is more efficient by some degree than either US or European ATC.

It seems to me that much of the angst evident from GA is generated not by the airspace system but the charging regime, with the US recovering the bulk of their enroute costs from fare paying passengers, and almost nothing from GA. Whilst it may appear to a GA visitor to the States that their system is simpler/cheaper it is in fact more expensive, they just hit someone else for the dollars.

I note that there seems to be a very clear division in opinion on NAS between lighty pilots who are generally positive, and ATCs and heavy metal drivers - who are overwhelmingly negative. Whilst I am simpathetic to GA, my guess is the PUBLIC interest lies with the big boys.

Oh Winstun, I had come to the conclusion that you are merely an amusing troll, but you seem to take debate about NAS very seriously indeed. Perhaps you should create a second profile for this purpose, so that your Soldier of Fortune/Combat medic/ lawyer/astronaut/international man of mystery persona does not cause people to take you less seriously.