PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bartolini Air Flight School
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2016, 10:28
cloudbash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience of Bartolini

I'm a ex-Bartolini student and overall I was happy with the School and what I got out of it. There are however a few issues. I'll give you all the pros and cons from my experience.......please though speak to lots of people and visit the School.

Pros

1. Cost - without a doubt great value training
2. P2002JF and P2006T are great modern aircraft
3. They have on-site engineers who sort any issues, checks etc quickly
4. Ground school is thorough and IR/airline focussed
5. Time span - I completed my training in 8 weeks
6. Most instructors were approachable and happy to help
7. Sim is new and identical to P2006T
8. The living costs are very cheap in Poland
9. Pay as you go. You have to pay in advance of each flight though.

Cons

1. The training was very slow at the beginning but when it did it get going it was crazily fast and placed undue pressure. I did my whole sim training in 7 days.
2. Okay....the sim instructor. Not sure if he's still there but I had a terrible experience with him and so did others. Very old school in his approach and gave very little instruction. If you struggle with something he just gets angry.
3. It can sometimes feel like you don't know what is going on and can seem very erratic. I think this is because the training program is very busy.

Would I got to Bartolini again? Without a doubt but mainly due to cost and time span. I enjoyed some aspects of my training but no all, which is a shame. Looking back I now have minimal debt and am in the same boat as most other fATPL holders. I agree with other comments its not the best place for hour building; you can do it but it will be a headache due to the flying program. Get everything sorted beforehand. It appeared much easier for students who were doing just the CPL/IR/ME.

Lots of people who went to Bartolini are getting jobs - many I was there with have jobs on TP, jets and as FIs. Many go to Ryanair but many also end up at regional and low cost UK airlines. This was mainly down to themselves though, making connection and putting themselves out there.

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions please feel free to message me.