PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Erebus 25 years on
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2016, 08:35
Fantome

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DARK KNIGHT #1266

If I get your drift you could be implying that the tone of many posts on this thread is at times rude and abusive. Hence barely tolerable. But on the other hand you may be familiar
with the works of Pablo Neruda who often refers in his poetry to stones
worn smooth by the passage of water down millennia. That is a more pleasing image than -

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me
Prov. You do not hurt me by calling me names. (A reply to someone who has called you names. Primarily used by children; sounds childish when used by adults.) Brother: You're stupid and mean, and everybody hates you! Sister: Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

If you are libelled or slandered and have recourse to the law then that
is an overt acknowledgement of the harm that words can do.

There can be no doubt, that on the evidence, the late Justice Peter Mahon and the late Captain Gordon Vette have been libelled here. I will not name the chief offenders, as they are beyond the pale and because what is the point in responding to piss and wind, repeated to the point of imbecility.

And if I call you an imbecile that is defamation… (Unless you have a certificate from a medical person that certifies you as insane.)

I had a father-in-law once who had been certified . When after years of treatment that dreadful stigma was lifted by the revoking of the certification, for which he had a document to prove that. He delighted in telling people he was in the rare position of having written proof of his sanity.

Last edited by Fantome; 31st Aug 2016 at 09:37.