PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2016, 07:15
logansi

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello everyone,

Sorry about the long post but I am really in need of some personal advice.

I am 19, last year I completed Year 12, including Math Methods and Physics. My life long goal has been to be a pilot and have spent a number of hours in the air with RA pilots over the years. This year I aimed to work in order to save up some funds in order to start training (I live in a country town with no flight school so this would involved moving away) however things did not workout, work has been almost imposable to get as the town largest employer closed leaving me unable to do any real saving.

This means I am unable to fund my own training, meaning I either have to look at cadetships (REX) or Fee Help programs.

My first preference is cadet program, I understand the concerns many people have with it and it was not my first choice however right now it appears like the best opportunity to achieve what I want to achieve in life. But i am concerned that without any employment history or real flight time I will not look very attractive to them.

My second option is partial fee-help. My concern this way - like self-funding is employment, I would consider fee help up to CPL and funding my own instructor rating but what are the chances of getting an instructor job in Australia right now?

Anyway Ultimately what i am looking for is some advice - are my options the correct ones considering my current circumstances and are my concerns genuine?

Thanks so very much for you time, I just wanted to get some options for those out there in the industry