PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIPS / API CLAIM DENIED
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2016, 14:06
El Peligroso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calm down otherwise you might be calling on their services yourself.
Seriously? Is that a threat?

LIPS/API seems to run more as a business these days
Isn't that a GOOD thing? I certainly think that managing the fund professionally is both commendable and desirable. I don't perceive this as API not "looking after our own". On the contrary.

footballfanppl may be 100% correct - but without all the particulars we'll never know. I'd prefer to look at the evidence before bashing API, which to many claimants (your friend included) has delivered exactly as advertised. The API website shows CLAIM 19 (Claim disallowed due pre-existing condition August 2016) - not sure if this relates?

Last I checked, the website had access to annual reports once you signed in (forgot my password - so couldn't log in now). I'm not surprised the glossy papers stopped being published, there were always a bunch of them in the nearest bin. Honestly, good call - I'd equate that to throwing money away - our money.

If you are concerned about API or have questions, then as a member it is your right to approach the fund managers to seek answers. Other than the last 2 letters of the acronym being the same, you cannot even start to compare EPI to API; chalk and cheese. The API fund managers are compensated for their time, but they do not draw dividends or profit from cash held in the fund (yes, I've asked the question).