PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Mentored Cadet Pilot Programme 2017
Old 18th Aug 2016, 15:32
Wolf Dao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by momo95
Based on previous years, after the first stage it was whittled down to the 150 mark. Considering this year's stage 1 was a lot more comprehensive than simply essay writing, I doubt if it is more than circa 150, as they would actually have gotten a better image of what each candidate's chances of suiting the course are compared to essays, it would seem a waste of resources sitting through 2000 90-120 second videos when you already have a rough enough idea of each candidate's abilities.

Essentially, considering previous years went from 3,000 to 150 applicants based on 4 essays alone, it wouldn't make logical sense that a far more detailed examination would actually leave them with 500 after the first stage. Unless somebody knows something the rest don't.
I suppose it does make sense that there wouldn't be more people going through this year as opposed to last year, given that it's been a more detailed examination.

However is this 150 number based on someones guess and now been taken as gospel or has it just been worked out based on previous group assessment days? i.e The amount of people per group multiplied by the number of groups assessed?