PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mueller joining EK
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2016, 06:39
jack schidt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CM, some summary points from the valid contributions above and a little added thought as to him coming to EK.

EK are losing revenue and passengers.

EK are losing previously long timer loyal staff as well as the normal attrition. This distorts experience levels, especially in the flight deck.

EK has too many "individual" cultural teams working in certain areas of the company, protecting their own worth at a cost to the company.

EK staff and management numbers show a typical corporate triangle ( see the Shard Building UK). There are too many high paid at the top and not enough of a strong base to support the top when the winds start to blow.

EK has benefitted from other global airlines suffering staff displacement and now this is not the case.

EK is not transparent and does not allow comment or criticism from within.

EK is either looking for a fall guy to take the blame or as an outside chance, someone to "try" to turn things around.

EK has bet on a continued model of global growth. The oil prices were hedged and the revenue in premium seats is not there from the oil employees anymore. The world is a new world post GFC 2008 and I believe people know things around the corner will be no better. EK's growth model is pre 2008 and has only survived due to global QE supporting world economy's.

EK has a large cost against income and only the pure case of paying below industry average, while charging premium rates for fares, has allowed the huge profits to be realised. Other airlines are fighting back in a bit of a seat price war, including those in the ME.

CM will either become the man who will be blamed for the further demise of the airline, OR his recommendations will be used by those high in the ivory tower to credit those who hold the strings.

In Dubai, with the continuation of rising costs of living, taxation, air pollution, salary demise, the heat humidity and sand in the air, the lack of representation and restrictions of VPN use and the threats of jail for reporting truthful facts, I could go on. No wonder the Airline of more than a decade ago is certainly not an employees first choice anymore.

CM might make cuts, he might lower salaries and that leaves the employee their right (only right it appears), leave, it's your choice! I am pretty certain that the current attrition of pilots would only increase if their already current conditions are screwed with. All air crew have been absolutely the prime target for the company's savings and I for one will likely exercise my fair right "should" conditions get any worse.

Rgds

J