PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIPS / API CLAIM DENIED
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2016, 04:47
Dune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
footballfanppl:

I assume your response is directed at my post so I will respond in kind.

The following are details of LIPS/API potential malpractice that need to be confirmed or denied by their legal department and pilot directors.
I have gone through your posts and have seen no details of "potential malpractice". The onus is upon the claimant (you) to produce such evidence yet nothing you have provided is close to credible. Please do so as this would be required in order to allow us to assess your claim (not to mention the LIPS legal department and pilot directors). I see a lot of emotion but no evidence.

Harvey Watt & Co receive commissions /renumeration from LIPS/API for case assessments with the amount Harvey Wayy & Co receive being dependent on percentage saved denying a pilots claim. The more saved by denying a potentially large claim, the more commissions Harvey Watt & Co receive.
You have not provided evidence of such. Harvey Watt is retained by dozens of airlines/pilot unions to provide independent services for which they are paid an ongoing remuneration for their services. I would assume API does the same in terms of paying a retainer to Harvey Watts to act as an independent 3rd party. This is totally different from your allegations of fraudulent misrepresentation. Once again you need to provide evidence and not emotionally charged insinuation/speculation.

Harvey Watt & Co have recently sent e mails to members already receiving benefit under the scheme "to arrange a phone call with a certain Robin Elliott from Harvey Watt & Co" to re open a discussion of their case. One such individual approached lost his medical due to a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis.
I am very please to hear this may be occurring (and would expect such as I mentioned in my previous post). I am sure many pilots assume a loss of medical payment is a guaranteed "pension for life" and nothing is further from the truth. If an individuals medical condition improves such that he/she is able to regain an aviation medical in his/her home country then the disability claim is no longer valid (along with the associated payments). Alternately, those with truly ongoing legitimate claims where an aviation medical is not possible (such as your associate with the stated MS) should have no problem providing factually updated medical data to revalidate their ongoing disability. I am encouraged API is reviewing each/every payment (even though I am no longer a member but would be very happy to hear such if I was still contributing to the plan) and would advise those who receive such payments to expect a reassessed every 3-4 years to reconfirm the claims are legitimate to protect those still paying into the plan. I do not see a problem with this for legitimate claims. Do you?

Pilot managers of LIPS/API receive a salary from the contributions of pilot members. The salary of 6000 AED a month has been alleged If this amount is correct and depending on this being the monthly remuneration received by each individual pilot manager what is the total cost to the fund annually.
I would expect those managing the API program would receive remuneration for their work. Why would anyone expect any individual to work for free?

If I could be so kind, could I ask you to respond to my last post reference you being required to live off your savings when I assume Emirates gave you a direct payment of 3 years salary (as you stated)? This part still puzzles me and I would appreciate you taking the time to inform us of how this delay to assess your claim (I mistakenly said 23 weeks in my post when it was a much shorter 16 weeks) has forced you to live off your savings? Not trying to be confrontational as I do not have bone in this fight but when something does not sound right to me I just need to get the facts.