PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rothmans Aerobatic Team (& Others)
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2016, 11:40
hotstart54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian L rang a month before he died, we had kept in touch over the years. He sent the odd manuscript my way, more for my entertainment than anything else. The Dwarf RAT of old was still in residence toward the end, but it was clear he was not well. Though not possessing much height, his character had depth beyond sounding. He was a exceptionally colourful individual who tended to sit in the background during dinner but listened intently to what was being said. He would choose his moment, deliver a well targeted, pithy remark then laugh outrageously, particularly when someone had made a dick of themselves - which was often. He was a very fine friend, we'll all miss him - bless 'im.

David Fenton is another we'll never forget, he barked infrequently, I don't remember him ever biting. We were lucky to have him, his engineering skills were legion, he inspired absolute trust. He was another thoughtful chap with a deep love of family and flying machines. Yes, he'll be sorely missed too.

Update: I came out of the left seat of a BA 777 at the hands of a pesky ailment with 5 years left to run. 40 years flying for food. Working with a tight group of people such as these - no words can describe how privileged I feel to have been there, it was only yesterday after all...