PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2016, 06:43
ORAC
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...

Received 1,584 Likes on 721 Posts
Interesting, the ground is definitely shifting under the F-35. Interested in this fantastic sharing of data, that will be by non-stealthy L-16 I take it? Or the yet unfunded new non-stealthy network gateway platform?

Stop comparing the F-35 with any other stealth fifth generation fighter - Business Insider

"........On the heels of the Air Force's decision to declare its F-35 variant ready for combat, the head of the sister-service branch was asked to compare America's newest fighter jet to China's J-20 on Wednesday.

"When I hear about an F-35 versus J-20, it's almost an irrelevant comparison,"Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. David Goldfein said during a Pentagon briefing........

"Fifth generation technology, it's no longer about a platform, it's about a family of systems and it's about a network and that's what gives us an asymmetric advantage," Gen. Goldfein said. "I think you'll see us focusing far more on the family of systems and how we connect them together and far less on individual platforms."