PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 12th Aug 2016, 02:19
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone is interested in joining now? With CM inbound to clean up the mess, any new joiner now will be looking at an effective permanent position as FO doing 90-100 hours every month. Couple that with the introduction of VAT, no pay raises, no profit share for many years (if not forever...someone has to pay...), and in a place which will test your marriage to the outer fringes and then some.

But like Falcon correctly said, "theres one born every minute" !

On the upside, I'd say that coming here will eventually make you aware of, and pursue other ways to make a living that DON'T involve aviation in ANY form.

With regard to sanity testing...I'd postulate that if you applied then you'd fail!

Seriously though, I believe you will find that things are going to change here and for the better. The company has (perhaps now had) the mistaken belief that they could effectively put a monkey in the right seat and teach it to push buttons at the right time...that automation was the answer while disregarding the industry wide reality that perfectly serviceable aircraft were crashing because pilots have been trained how NOT to fly by people who hold fancy titles....who don't fly.

Now, to find some old school pilots with common sense, hands & feet abilities, RT and a dash of airmanship....