PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airline wages compilation
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2016, 03:00
ExtraShot

Received 33 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you seen GA wages in this century? 75k/year in a jet beats 50k/year getting flogged in some piston
Actually its $57500 for flying a Jet. Utterly Pathetic. Thats less than what I was getting paid in my last couple of years flying Piston twins around a DECADE ago! (yes, those jobs are out there).

The 'Endorsement Cost" is actually real money (money you could invest in a nice safe ETF or LIC and be very pleased with in 20 or 30 years time), and as has been argued on Prune ad-nauseum over the years, a cost that should be born by the company and secured by Bonding an individual. No more, no less. Something 'Pilots' (I'll use that term nice and loosely for those that value themselves so lowly) with SJS seem to be blind to unfortunately.

There are jobs out there paying far (far, FAR) better than this. Jobs that are both in GA, and a step up from GA (Regionals, Customs, RFDS, and yes, other jet operators), and they don't ask the employee to bear the operational expenses of running the business, i.e; training your staff.

Keep your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed.
Indeed!