PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2016, 08:46
FODPlod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tdracer
Damn, now I have adult beverage all over my keyboard
"adult beverage?"

I recently took charge of my four-year-old grandson and took him to a shipwreck museum before enjoying lunch at a pub with an outdoor play area. The following day, my daughter told me how she had heard all about our visit to a "cafe" where I drank "Grandad Juice".

Here's a nice new article about the F-35 to put us back on track:
Originally Posted by The National Interest 5 Aug 2016
Air Force Gen. Herbert “Hawk” Carlisle, commander of Air Combat Command, this week declared the F-35A fighter jet ready for combat. While many pundits and politicians have questioned the worth of this jet, the only people who know the ground truth are the pilots themselves.

A total of 174 U.S. pilots currently have been trained to fly Lockheed Martin’s F-35A Lightning II. The Heritage Foundation recently interviewed 31 of these former F-15C, F-15E, F-16C, and A-10 pilots. Each expressed a high degree of confidence in the F-35A, their new fifth-generation platform.

Here are nine insights gleaned from those conversations:

1. Even with developmental restrictions that limit the F-35A’s responsiveness and ability to maneuver, every U.S. fighter pilot interviewed would pick the F-35A over his former jet in a majority of air-to-air (dogfight) engagement scenarios they could face...